top of page


Constituent Services

The 2nd Ward Service Office is equipped with access to the City of Chicago's 311 Constituent Service Request system and can process any and all requests residents may have. Skip the wait time with 311, and call the office at (312) 643-2299, or send a detailed email of the services requested to

Abandoned Vehicles

A vehicle can be classified as abandoned if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

  • Is located on the public way in a state of disrepair as to be incapable of being driven in its present condition.

  • Has not been moved or used for more than seven consecutive days and is apparently deserted.

  • Has been left on the public way without state registration or a temporary state registration placard for two or more days.


To report an abandoned vehicle please contact our office. For information regarding Traffic Services and Towing, please visit the Department of Streets and Sanitation website.


Construction Complaints

Per the Municipal Code, construction work is permitted during the hours of 8 am & 8 pm, except for emergency work or city infrastructure projects. Help document after-hours noise violations by calling 911, and send the 2nd Ward Service Office an email as well.


Garbage & Recycling

Visit the Garbage & Recycling page to view an interactive map of grid-based garbage and recycling pick-up in the 2nd Ward. To request new or repair service for your garbage or recycling carts, send an email to the 2nd Ward Service Office.


Graffiti Removal

To report graffiti in the ward, please submit a 311 request or send an email to the 2nd Ward Service Office. Please include a detailed description of the exact location of the graffiti, the type of surface the graffiti is on, and a photo if possible.


Help improve the quality of 2nd Ward streets and alleys by reporting potholes. Submit a pothole in street or pothole in alley 311 request online, or send an email to the 2nd Ward Service Office.

Rodent Baiting Requests

One of the City's most effective ways to combat rodents is containerization. Chicago's garbage carts are made of heavy-duty plastic carts with tight-fitting lids to contain garbage, and when closed properly or not overfilled, help prevent rodents from accessing an easy food source.


These carts are free and are distributed by the department's Bureau of Sanitation. Use of these free carts, combined with the rodenticide we strategically place deep inside a rat's burrow, are the key reasons for the decline of rats in our city.  If rats can't feed, rats can't breed. For more info, please call our office or visit the City's Rodent Control website.To report your block or alley, please fill out an online report here.


Snow Removal

Sidewalk snow regulations affect all home, business, and property owners in Chicago. Business owners that rent space adjacent to sidewalks are responsible for shoveling snow under the ordinance. Some landlords for residential and commercial property hold tenants responsible for snow clearance as a part of their lease agreements, others don't -- check their rental agreements or ask your landlords for clarification.


You must shovel snow as soon as possible after it falls, seven days a week. Snow that falls between the hours of 7:00 am & 7:00 pm must be removed no later than 10:00 pm. Snow that falls between the hours of 7:00 pm & 7:00 am must be removed by 10:00 am. Clear a path at least 5 feet wide on all of the sidewalks adjacent to your property, including any crosswalk ramps. Do not shovel the snow into the right-of-way, which includes: transit stops and bus pads, parking spaces, bike lanes, bike racks, Divvy stations, and any other space where snow impedes traffic of any kind. f you are responsible for a corner lot, you must remove snow and ice from sidewalks on all sides of your building and from corner sidewalk ramps. This applies to residential property and business owners.


Follow the snow plows live during any snow event at this website.

Tree Trimming

Trees are one of Chicago's most important natural resources, providing beauty, shade and fresh air.  Chicago has more than 500,000 parkway trees and each is maintained by the Chicago Department of Streets and Sanitation Bureau of Forestry.


The Bureau of Forestry trims thousands of trees a year, plants new trees along the public right-of-way, addresses insect and disease problems, and otherwise promotes tree health throughout the City of Chicago.  For more information, please visit the Forestry website.

bottom of page